Thursday, July 28, 2005

Operation Flying Eagle

went down to SAFTI MI Warriors Hall on Monday to collect my medal for the tsunami ops..
couple of photos to share...
The presentation ceremony
The Gang(missing a few clowns)
My boss for the trip..nicest person I've met in the army who's a Maj

My medals.

heh..right..so there we go...

being at the ceremony brought back lotsa memories..seeing familiar people whom you worked with together on the ship for more than 3 weeks..watching the videos that showed us our hard work..the pain the people went through..it was such a once in a lifetime opportunity..
the odds of seeing the friends made on the ship are nearly close to zero now..but all the scoffs about SAF being unefficient and all..at times were undeniable..but on an overall gauge..I'd like to say that we're almost there..in peacetimes..exercises,they do plenty of extra nonsense..but the it gets down to business..minimal fuss..just get it done.

given the chance..I'd do it all over again..at least I can say I've done something for my National Service..lotsa stories for my grandchildren..haha..

where were you on the 31st Dec 2004?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home