Sunday, September 09, 2007

it's hard to fathom 2 weeks ago I was revelling in the joy of completing my first Ironman and now I'm back in the grind of school already.

There seems to be a void in my life that needs to be filled up. And it has been recorded that many people after finishing a race tend feel the same way. It is simply based on the fact that training took up so much of their lives previously and now when everything is to a certain extent completed, there is a temporary loss of direction in their lives. I'm sure it is nothing serious as I'm itching to train again, just to feel the rush of adrenaline of passing people, the heart beating hard and fast and the sheer exhaustion at the end of a tough session just to feel...alive.

'I stood before the immigration counters of the arrival hall. The rows and counters stared down at me. As soon as I passed them, as soon as the immigration officer scanned my passport, I would hit reality with a bang. I had actually chosen a seat close to the exit so that I would not have to squeeze out of the plane with the rest of the passengers; now they passed me, some staring at me as I stood alone, rooted to the ground. I took a deep breath, gathered my thoughts and for a split second was tempted to turn and run...'

now I wish I had.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

it's tough, it really is.
the mis-understood. rather the un-understandable.
you understood how smirks worked.
this is probably abit more complicated than smirks.
but you'd know how it works anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home