Wassup y'all.
This is me, reporting somewhat live from the place where I choose to do my first(virgin) Ironman(my version of S&M).
The weather has been pretty awkward the past 2 days. When I landed yesterday, the weather changed from sunny, to monsoon rain to sunny again will within the space of 1 hour's drive. It's no fun when the weather plays with your mind like that. Have absolutely no idea of what to expect. But yeah, I'm just back from a quick ride with some of the other athletes and I have a rough idea of what the course will be like. Actually rough idea means 10% of the bike course. which translates to about 7% of the entire course. So yes. I actually don't really know very much.

If you click on the photo and look closely enough, you can see how bloody far out to the sea I have to swim. I actually took this photo from pretty far up. This means I have to run up from the damn sea almost 600m to the transition area. AND, the damn run is steep.

This is the ride I just came from. The korean guy in the middle wearing the cervelo jersey is damn amusing. He gave the pros seated Hollywood names. From right is Steve McQueen, then Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and I don't know the last one. By the way, the guy on my left, in blue; well he's a professional and he's won Ironman South Africa. Nice guy and sick fast, this Raynard Tissink.
ok..I've got more stuff to say, but more pressing issues to deal with. So I'll see y'all later!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home