Friday, September 15, 2006

of injuries.

sneak in a quick post before hitting the sack.

everytime I hear of people crashing or getting into accidents from riding, it sets me thinking.
should I ever stop riding because of all the dangers?

maybe I should never have started riding a bike at all.
then I won't have to worry and think about giving something I love up.
but to give up something that you love because of the fear of what might happen is as good as giving up on part of yourself, part of the fabric of who you are.

I respect anyone who has given up riding because they've had a bad accident, or even a near miss. it is their very own personal choice and I'm sure to them, the costs of a bad accident simply does not even come close to the returns of enjoying the sport.

but for me, I cannot stop. it's something that stares at me in the face. I know everytime I hit the roads the risks are very real. but I want to enjoy the full glory of life.
I want to live hard.
if I'm going to wrap myself in that little comfort zone cocoon, it simply doesn't do justice to what life has to offer.

that just ain't me.
right.
now, back to my stamp collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home