Tuesday, April 10, 2007

insanity on the bus.

I always wonder what is it about my peers coming into university and finding their partners so easily.
and they...generally speaking, are pretty happy.
so what is the difference between them and my other group of friends?

if you're looking for something of a mind-blowing revalation in this post, you're going to be sorely disappointed.
It's pretty simple really.
It's called baggage.
It's really easy to build happiness and look to be in love. Logically speaking, who wants to be sad, right?
of course, you don't need to a relationship of romantic inclinations to be happy.
but a person who has never experienced it, will simply put, be slightly overwhelmed by it.
extremes of emotion, I believe it's called.

as always, on the other side of the equation lies the ugly.
one who has experienced the pain of a broken relationship, is not likely to just jump in blindly.
again some simple common sense.
with the baggage, if you fall, you're really going to fall alot harder.
self-protectionism as we all have it.

the emotional baggage is not something that we let go of easily.
we're constantly reminded by the various signs that life leaves us.
but are those signs there to remind us of the emotional pain that we were put through...
or are they there to tell you of the happiness that you once had, and might have again?

where do we go to for answers?
maybe there's a path destined for all of us.
I know I'm no closer to the answer.
I know I've progressively let go of my baggage and am in no rush for a new relationship.
I however, know that I've got friends still suffering; the baggage, the pain.

take comfort.
you're never alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home