Friday, January 12, 2007

to anyone who will listen.

hello up there.

maybe you'd like to stop raining once in a while?
I'm sure you're aware that Singapore is in dire need of water, which is why everyday you bless us with endless rain. maybe you want to give us enough water so that tomorrow onwards we no longer have to pump gallons of water from Malaysia.
I know the Chinese view rain as a sign of blessings(monetary) from the gods, and I really feel very enriched whenever I arrive home abit wet; it helps my family save some money on the water bill as I don't need to bathe when I reach home. see? works both ways, I don't waste money bathing, and Singapore saves money by buying less water from Malaysia.
that's very thoughtful of you, really.
but maybe you'd like to maybe re-organize your raining times.
maybe you could let it rain..at saaayy..1am-5.30am.
see, that consideration stems from the fact that everyone will be able to tuck into their beds and sleep very soundly, and the poor souls who have to go to work early at 5am will not have to get drenched in the rain. of course, on days when I need to go on early morning rides, maybe you could stop it from raining at 3am, so that when I get onto the roads at 4am, it could be sufficiently dry so that I won't slip and skid and break my neck.
and if you don't rain in the day, it ensures that everyone will stay nice and dry and be able to get about running their errands easily, and I can run and swim easily too.

as for saving money from not bathing after getting drenched in the rain?
according to my mom,' Sometimes this kind of money cannot save one.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home